Punchcut is looking for an Interaction Designer to join our team on a full time or contract basis. You have at least 3 years of relevant design experience and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative agency environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Systematic. You think in systems, not silos. You connect your design choices to a larger system.
- Connected. You can draw a clear thread that traces your solution back to user and business insights.
- Multi-dimensional. You don’t just design for what users see but also for what they hear and feel. You know how to design multi-sensory multi-modal experiences.
- Persuasive. You believe that design communication is as important as design itself. You're able to convey your ideas through exceptional writing, speaking, and prototyping.
- Honest. You treat your work and relationships with a high level of integrity.
- Inclusive. You desire for your solutions to solve the needs of others who have been historically excluded and underserved.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Translate insights into UX foundations. Using insights from research, you’ll build UX foundations using artifacts such as architecture and spatial models, ecosystem diagrams, journey maps, and navigation models.
- Design end-to-end multi-modal experiences. You will actively participate in all parts of the design process, creating divergent concepts, defining architecture and flows, and prototyping micro-interactions. Your solutions will consider multiple modes of interaction based on context of use.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional design team. You will work closely with other disciplines such as visual design, motion design, research, design technology, and other specialists.
- Inspire and provoke. You’ll create provocative concepts and shape them into solutions that meet the goals of the project.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS POSITION YOU’LL NEED
- A portfolio demonstrating experience designing for cross-platform experiences. Voice, haptics, or 3D experience is a plus.
- Experience working collaboratively with different design disciplines and cross-functional products teams.
- To communicate UX solutions clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
- To prototype from low-fidelity sketching to high-fidelity wireframes. Experience prototyping for multi-modal experiences (voice, sound, haptics) a plus.
- Familiarity with existing and emerging design patterns across a range of platforms.
- Experience supporting user research and translating insights into opportunities.
- To take your work seriously, but not take yourself too seriously.
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For eighteen years, we've worked with the world's top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future. Well... what are you waiting for? Come design the future of everything!
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.