Punchcut is looking for an Interaction Designer to join our team. You should have a strong understanding of user-centered design and be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers. You have at least 2 years of relevant design experience, including mobile apps/platforms, web, and/ or other consumer devices. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative design studio environment.
- Serve as Interaction Designer on selected projects to deliver the best possible user experience
- Participate in brainstorming and concepting sessions internally and with clients
- Create conceptual diagrams, workflows, use cases, personas, and storyboards
- Sketch user scenarios and user interfaces to help conceptualize user experiences
- Assist with primary and secondary user research activities
- Produce design artifacts such as sketches, annotated wireframes, interaction specifications and guidelines, and interactive prototypes
- Apply user-centered design process to solving problems in emerging mediums that have little precedence
- 2+ years designing effective interfaces for mobile experiences
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience performing user research (contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the user-centered design process and evolving interaction design best practices
- Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale using different forms and fidelities, from sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes
- Experience creating specifications with design tools including Adobe CS, Sketch, and InVision.
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For fifteen years, we've worked with the world's top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future.
Punchcut also offers a balanced, life-friendly work environment, as well as medical/dental/life/disability insurance, paid time off, sabbatical time, a 401k plan, commuter benefits, and annual device and education allowances.
What are you waiting for? Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Come design the future of everything.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.