Punchcut is looking for a Motion Designer to join our team. You should have a strong understanding of user-centered design and be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers. You have at least 2 years of relevant design experience, including mobile apps/platforms, web, and/or other consumer devices. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative design studio environment.
- Serve as Motion Designer on client-facing projects.
- Apply user-centered design processes to solve problems in contexts that have little precedence.
- Participate in brainstorming and concepting sessions internally and with clients.
- Explore a range of motion directions and participate in client reviews to make informed selections.
- Iterate and refine motion systems based on client feedback.
- Create production assets and document motion systems for engineering teams as necessary.
- Sketch product concepts as part of a collaborative project team.
- 2+ years experience in digital motion design for mobile, television, tablet, web, and software
- Experience in After Effects and other motion and prototyping applications
- A stellar portfolio that demonstrates creative range and conceptual thinking
- Superior communication skills to articulate design decisions clearly to teams and clients
- Passion for design and the evolution of the interactive user experience
- Solid understanding of mobile platforms and UI presentation-layer technologies
- Ability to produce quality work in short timeframes and manage time efficiently
- Ambitious, proactive, conceptual, and honest
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Consumer device UI currently in market
- 3D modeling, live action video production, animation, and/or experience with AR/VR
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For fifteen years, we've worked with the world's top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future.
Punchcut also offers a balanced, life-friendly work environment, as well as medical/dental/life/disability insurance, paid time off, sabbatical time, a 401k plan, commuter benefits, and annual device and education allowances.
What are you waiting for? Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Come design the future of everything.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.